I don't think inducing vomiting is as common as it used to be. I know activated charcoal is a common remedy, since it absorbs the toxins in the stomach.
I knew this guy who got alcohol poisoning. His girlfriend found him passed out in front of his frat house. She took him to the hospital, and they ended up pumping his stomach, but they gave him charcoal to absorb as much of the alcohol as they could before they did the pumping. He was lucky. He was turning blue by the time they got to the ER. The doctor said if they had waited another 30 minutes, he would have been gone.