When my son was just a toddler I noticed that things had gotten really quiet suddenly, and I naturally went in search of what had my rowdy one so thoroughly occupied.
I found him in the kitchen, which was baby proofed to the max. But he had found the one thing I had not thought of putting out of his reach – a house plant. My little one apparently had taken a liking to this plant, because he had eaten almost all of the leaves by the time I got to him.
It wasn’t long before he started to cry, and I figured it was a stomachache. But after just a little longer, I became really worried that this plant could actually do some harm. I called poison control, and told them the type of plant and about how much he had eaten.
That is when the poor baby started to throw up all over place. The poison control guy said this was actually a good thing because that particular plant could be poisonous. Since he was throwing up the leaves, he would feel better much faster.
He also advised me to keep a very good watch on him for the next several hours to make sure he didn’t become lethargic or anything like that, and told me to give him as much milk as he could drink.
I also took that house plant and threw it out.