One summer while camping, I got bitten by several ticks. Later, I contracted Rocky Mountain spotted fever. This disease is actually caused by a type of bacteria that the tick transmits.
I knew something was wrong when I got a fever. My muscles started to ache all over my body, and my head hurt. Then, the spotted rash appeared. I developed monocytosis as a result of the disease.
I went to the emergency room. I made sure to tell them that I had been bitten by ticks. They treated me with antibiotics, and I recovered.